
This app is Vocabulary HD-- this is an app that will allow students to increase their vocabulary either on their own or in a group setting. The app provides pronunications and definitions for all of the words it uses. The higher-level of words that are included in this program would challenge students and give them exposure to higher-level vocabulary in a non-threatening, user-friendly way.
The second app that I will be reviewing is called My Spelling Test. This app allows for the teacher (or parent) to create digital spelling tests for their students. A modification that could be made would by that it could be tweaked to be used as a vocabulary test. This could be used in the classroom for additional practice or for make-up testing.
Also, below is a link to a google form used to assess an assessment that I use with my students for their Romeo & Juliet unit. The assignment is for students to envision how the use of modern technology could have created an alternate ending for the play. Students are asked to create a mock-up of their technology (a Facebook page, a Twitter feed, a text conversation, a phone call transcript, etc.). Students also must submit an essay explaining their technology, the impact of the technology of the characters, and then how the ending of the play would change as a result of their inclusion of technology.
<iframe src="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/embeddedform?formkey=dHlXbFkyRV9fRjJnRjFLbWM4R19Wd1E6MQ" width="760" height="873" frameborder="0" marginheight="0" marginwidth="0">Loading...</iframe>

I really liked the vocabulary HD app. I wonder if there is one for Spanish vocabulary????
ReplyDelete