Monday, January 30, 2012
It's your turn guys....
Today, rather than me lecturing on Shakespeare's background, English theatre in the 1500s, the Globe theatre, and the Bubonic Plague, my students conducted their own research and will be presenting that information to the class tomorrow. In this lesson, the kids had to find and evaluate sources, create a presentation, and deliver that presentation to their peers. I think that I sometimes get caught up in the day to day elements of a traditional classroom and forget to integrate more 21st century elements. It's difficult to think that I am teaching these kids to prepare them for jobs and a society that I can't imagine yet... I think that by focusing more on the ISTE ideas we discussed last week that I can perform better as a teacher and better meet the needs of my students.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment